Goal #1. Fitness/Nutrition.
- More deliberate, thoughtful eating. Nothing spectacular with fitness but continued to cycle, take stairs and worked on my feet for six hours again.
Goal #2. New Skills/Information/Creating Things.
- Learned a lot again working at the restaurant last night, including how to decorate a cake plate using different shapes and textures and that it’s best to keep people at a particular station all night rather than rotate jobs. We had a big party arrive at the same time as a big soup order was due but no mess-ups or confusion.
Goal # 3. Clean House/Eliminate Clutter.
- Some chores were done while I was away, but the house was pretty chaotic when I returned from work. However, it was better overall than before implementing the chore system.
Goal #4. Quality Time With Family/Friends.
- Pumpkin carving with the girls. Enjoyed one deliberate felafal on a date with husband.
Goal #5. Help.
- I volunteered six hours of my weekend time (which could have been spent with my family) for a cause I believe in.
Goal #6. Financial Independence
- Despite saying we would get one, husband and I decided not to buy a pumpkin-carving kit with a gimmicky Jack O’Lantern-themed scoop and other useless gadgets. The only thing we needed it for was a small serrated knife that the kids could use. Decided to make do with a kitchen knife and a swiss army knife. It’s not that we couldn’t afford it, but the thought of paying about six dollars for stuff we didn’t need at all was too unpalatable. The girls understood.
Goal #7. Gratitude
- Grateful the sun came out and that I was able to go on a short date with my husband.