Goal #1. Fitness/Nutrition.
- Result: Mostly a win. I ate no refined sugar or wheat, a big change from usual. But I cycled far less than average (only about 8 kilometers) and did not add any more strenuous activity, so I felt a little let down.
Goal #2. Skills/Information/Creating Things.
- Result: Mostly fail. Very little Danish practice and I did not attempt my third saurkraut ferment even though it was on my to do list. But at least I had a to-do list…
Goal # 3. Clean House/Eliminate Clutter.
- Result: Mixed. I took an important first step in trying to get the kids to do more chores. At first, the to-do lists went smoothly, but things went awry when I also asked my older daughter to also to sweep up the crumbs under her seat after dinner. The horror! I see now it was a little too much at once, but I am going to try not to give up because I have discovered my new holy grail: a permanently sparkly dining room.
Goal #4. Quality Family/Friends Time.
- Result: Mixed. Pleasant walk with K to her school in the morning and lots of joking and banter over breakfast, but less-than-pleasant exchanges over the chore issue at dinner. Will try to be a sweeter task master tomorrow.. grrrrr.
Goal #5. Help.
- Result: Win. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I did cook everybody food from scratch, helped with homework and made our home look beautiful through vigorous cleaning. If that is not helping, I am not sure what is.
Goal #6. Financial Independence.
- Result: Win. Same as yesterday. No frivilous shopping. Made all the family meals at home. Investing not yet an option.
Goal #7. Gratitude.
- Result: Mostly fail. But I did cheer on the sun when it valiantly tried to break through the Danish haze.
Feelings on this project so far: I am definitely getting more done in general. I feel like my behavior is more deliberate and disciplined. And I now enjoy taking the stairs!